I’ve been slacking on blogging a bit, because the last few months have been a whirlwind. So here are a few updates from the last few months:
1. #3 – Aaron completed another Spartan Race in Mississippi in November! Our friend Conner drove with us to Mississippi, we got up early and volunteered at the registration booth, and then the boys completed the race! They cut about 15 minutes off their last race time!
2. #9 – We completed a year of #FranktheChair!! This has been a really fun project for both of us. We’ve gotten plenty of weird looks, lots of questions, but all in all… people love Frank! Look for his book in 2015 :)
3. #18 – I finally got a continuous glucose sensor in October. A sensor is a little gadget that is inserted into my skin and checks my blood sugar levels every five minutes. It alerts me when my blood sugar starts to drop or rise too much. I’ve only been on it for a few months, and it’s already started to help even out my blood sugars more regularly!
4. #47 – We hosted Aaron’s side of the family at our house for Christmas last week! We cooked a turkey (okay… Publix did, and we re-heated it), roasted potatoes, fresh green beans and croissants. We finished up with cookies, opening presents and playing card games!
5. #57 – Aaron bought me a sewing machine for Christmas!!! There are so many things I want to try and make, but first I need to remember the basics of operating a sewing machine :)
During all this time, I also quit my job! I am now running Jess Creatives full-time. So far, I absolutely love being a freelancer! I enjoy being able to go meet with clients during the day, spend more time doing what I love, and having a flexible schedule.
Here’s to 2015!